RE: Access PostgreSQL server via SSL/Internet

From: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "'Dominic J(dot) Eidson'" <sauron(at)the-infinite(dot)org>, John McKown <jmckown(at)prodigy(dot)net>
Subject: RE: Access PostgreSQL server via SSL/Internet
Date: 2000-08-27 09:57:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > > It is trivial to connect clients and servers across an ssh-piped
> > > connection. I'm not sure of the details as far as getting
> things set up
> > > to be automated for turnkey installations.
> > >

> > Thomas,
> >
> > Thanks for the thought. I just found something called
> "stunnel" which may
> > do the trick.
>
> Also look into "vpnd" - we're using it for a project for a
> client until I
> can get the SSL connection stuff working properly... (Hint, hint... It
> would be nice if it was better documented :)

Docs of the SSL stuff is coming up as soon as I get "final approval" of
the patch that brings SSL up to working (e.g. either applying or
rejectnig :-). I have a very rough outline so far, but I don't want
to put down too much work into it until I know I am documenting the
right thing (the version that will eventually go in, that is).

But it's on it's way.

//Magnus