install errors with dspace

From: Nigel Pegus <npegus(at)library(dot)uwi(dot)tt>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: install errors with dspace
Date: 2005-02-01 17:16:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello I am installing postgresql 7.4.3 with ant 1.6.1 jdk1.4.3 tomcat web
server 5.0.19 under linux enterprise ws and I ran in to trouble with the
with-java switch og the configure option. It produed errors so I left out
the with-java switch and downloaded jdbc compiled driver. I noticed however
that at the end of the postgresql install phase I saw a reference to the
command /etc/initd/postgresql restart problem is there is a path/etc/init.d
on my machine but that's where the similarity ends and I cant locate any
postgresql folder...... let alone command restart.... Is this a installation
problem with postgresql or is there something else I have missed? Where else
can the restart command and postgresql folder be ?

Also , I am installing all this software with dspace 1.2 and that software
generates a build failure which references some java issues is there any
link ? ant problem/ java problem?

thanks

Nigel Pegus

Systems Unit Main Library