Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Daniel CAUNE <d(dot)caune(at)free(dot)fr>, "'Kenneth Gonsalves'" <lawgon(at)au-kbc(dot)org>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: conversion of numeric field from MSSQL to postgres
Date: 2006-10-21 04:42:26
Lists: pgsql-sql

Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> actually I am get duplicate emails like this one across the various PG lists. Perhaps someone
> else is resending these email?

The usual mechanism is

* newbie sends question
* newbie gets response indicating that message is being held for
moderator approval because he's not subscribed
* newbie subscribes and reposts question, which people answer
* eventually, list moderator cleans out the queue and approves the
original question

It's not really a duplicate, but it looks like one.

This could be fixed if someone wanted to improve the moderation software
to auto-approve pending messages from someone who's just subscribed, but
perhaps that's a lot of work. I haven't looked at that code, so I'm not
volunteering ...