Re: PostgreSQL back end to Excel ap

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: kkc(at)hydrosphere(dot)com, pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL back end to Excel ap
Date: 2006-12-08 06:25:28
Lists: pgsql-novice
> > I believe the very same approach could be used with PostgreSQL from
> > Excel VBA using this OLEDB provider in place of the Microsoft Jet:
> >
> > http://pgfoundry.org/projects/oledb/

Just be careful with oledb.  It is my understanding is that the oledb project doesn't have the
same support that the ODBC does.  I believe that it doesn't have all of the functionality that an
oledb driver should.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-07/msg00109.php
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2006-07/msg00117.php

Regards,