Re: Querying Headers

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pw <p(dot)willis(at)telus(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Querying Headers
Date: 2008-03-01 02:17:46
Lists: pgsql-general
pw <p(dot)willis(at)telus(dot)net> writes:
>> I am curious if there is a postgresql function that will
>> return a list of header names based on an input query text.

No, but there is support for such things at the wire protocol level
--- specifically, Parse followed by Describe Statement would get you
the result column names and types.  How much of that is exposed by
the interface library you use would depend on the library; in recent
libpq versions you would use PQprepare then PQdescribePrepared.