Re: BUG #5748: Invalid oidvector data during binary recv

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, "w(dot)p(dot)dijkstra(at)mgrid(dot)net" <w(dot)p(dot)dijkstra(at)mgrid(dot)net>
Subject: Re: BUG #5748: Invalid oidvector data during binary recv
Date: 2010-11-11 20:57:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs
Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Anyway I now have troubles to make a good test case to trip the lbound
> check.

I don't believe you ever did have a test case that would trip the lbound
check.  What was failing was the ARR_NDIM == 1 check.  If you were to
look at the array in gdb, the apparent value of the lbound would be
indeterminate because it's off the end of the allocated space for a
zero-D array.  But the code wouldn't be reaching that test.