uh-oh, dugong failing again (was Re: Pgbuildfarm-status-green Digest, Vol 28, Issue 24)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru
Subject: uh-oh, dugong failing again (was Re: Pgbuildfarm-status-green Digest, Vol 28, Issue 24)
Date: 2007-09-26 15:04:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> The PGBuildfarm member dugong had the following event on branch HEAD:
> Status changed from OK to ContribCheck failure
> The snapshot timestamp for the build that triggered this notification is: 2007-09-25 20:05:01

This seems to be exactly what we saw two weeks ago, and I just noticed
that in the JIT bgwriter patch, I put an Assert into ForwardFsyncRequest
in exactly the place where one was removed to make icc happy two weeks
ago.  This one is less cosmetic and so I'm not as willing to just take
it out.  I think we need to look closer.  Can we confirm that
ForwardFsyncRequest somehow becomes a no-op when icc compiles it with an
Assert right there?

Next:From: Zdenek.KotalaDate: 2007-09-26 15:07:41