Re: About db session time-out while uploading data to database

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: ☆Pumu :-D ☆ <paricharts(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: About db session time-out while uploading data to database
Date: 2008-03-21 15:10:51
Lists: pgsql-novice

"=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCIXkbKEJQdW11IDotRCAbJEIheRsoQiA=?=" <paricharts(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> my file-upload function is run on a web and connect to postgreSQL database.
> While this upload function was uploading data to database,its web page turn
> to display "
> The page cannot be displayedThe page you are looking for is currently
> unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or
> you may need to adjust your browser settings. "
> ( I think one of this event 's cause is DB access time out )

Well, with only that much detail it's impossible to say. But have you
looked into the postmaster's log to see what the server-side view of the
situation was? If you see messages like "unexpected EOF" that would be
suggestive.

Personally I'd bet that this is just a garden-variety bug in your upload
function. Again, the server-side log might be helpful in debugging
the problem. If all else fails, try setting log_statement = 'all' while
you recreate the problem, so you can see exactly what the last command is.