Re: several minor cleanups

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: several minor cleanups
Date: 2002-06-24 20:53:17
Lists: pgsql-patches
Neil Conway <nconway(at)klamath(dot)dyndns(dot)org> writes:

***************
*** 251,257 ****
  	ExecCheckRTPerms(parseTree->rtable, operation);

  	/*
! 	 * Search for subplans and APPEND nodes to check their rangetables.
  	 */
  	ExecCheckPlanPerms(plan, parseTree->rtable, operation);
  }
--- 251,257 ----
  	ExecCheckRTPerms(parseTree->rtable, operation);

  	/*
! 	 * Search for subplans and INSERT nodes to check their rangetables.
  	 */
  	ExecCheckPlanPerms(plan, parseTree->rtable, operation);
  }

This comment was right beforehand and is so no longer :-(.

Otherwise I'm okay with this, if we don't mind the probability of
breaking existing client applications that are looking for ExecAppend:
messages.  One might think that unnecessary changes in common error
messages are not a good idea until sometime after we've implemented an
error code facility and given people a chance to move over to looking
at error codes instead of error strings.