Re: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...

From: Larry Rosenman <ler(at)lerctr(dot)org>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 7.4RC1 tag'd, branched and bundled ...
Date: 2003-11-03 06:14:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

--On Monday, November 03, 2003 01:38:54 -0400 "Marc G. Fournier"
<scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org> wrote:

> As Tom announced on Friday, Release Candidate 1 has now been tag'd and
> bundled ... please test to confirm that nothing seems off with this build
>
> I'm going to do a broader announce on it tonight, to the -announce and
> -general lists ...
>
> Also, I've created a branch (REL7_4_STABLE) so that work on v7.5 can
> proceed for those sitting on stuff ... committers, please make sure you
> check out -rREL7_4_STABLE before applying any patches that need to be in
> v7.4 final release ...
>
> Unless anyone finds anything amiss with RC1, and pending any docs changes
> between now and then, we could have a full release as early as next Monday
> *cross fingers*
>
> In order to help the advocacy group with the formally press release, and
> unless something *major* gets detected afterwards, testers have until
> Thursday of the final week, after which time the final release is "set in
> stone" ... note that I did say unless something major happens between
> Thursday and the following Monday ... this gives the advocacy team 3 days
> to 'tie up loose ends' with the various translations ...

I'd like to see my UnixWare compiler detection change applied before final.
(I was hoping for Pre-RC1, but obviously that didn't happen).

LER

Larry Rosenman http://www.lerctr.org/~ler
Phone: +1 972-414-9812 E-Mail: ler(at)lerctr(dot)org