Supporting CSV format log files

From: Chuck McDevitt <cmcdevitt(at)greenplum(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Supporting CSV format log files
Date: 2009-06-05 19:03:52
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

To extend this to support PostgreSQL 8.4 CSV format log files, I think we need to do a couple of things:

First, the pg_logdir_ls function from the admin pack would need to be updated to look for .log or .csv files, not just .log.

Then we would need to recognize that we are reading a file with extension .csv, and handle it the way I do in the patch for GPDB (rather than being based on GetIsGreenplum()).

Finally, we'd just need to figure out what each field being logged by PostgreSQL 8.4 is, and update the code so that it understands that as well as the GPDB fields.