Technical Support Engineer
Location: San Mateo, CA
Job Type: Full-Time
Greenplum is taking Business Intelligence to a new level by providing best-in-class data warehousing solutions that utilize open source software and leverage the power of commodity, general-purpose hardware. Our solutions allow decision makers to quickly and affordably perform complex analysis of terabytes of data to accelerate and improve business decisions. Greenplum’s breakthrough products are poised to revolutionize the way enterprises use Business Intelligence to gain key competitive advantages in the marketplace.
Greenplum is seeking Technical Support Engineers to field Customer questions and issues on the Greenplum Database software suite (DB, tools, and 3rd party connectors), and Data Warehouse Appliance hardware, OS, file system and networking. These are key positions for the ongoing success of Greenplum and have a direct impact on our ability to up sell and use existing customers as reference for new customer acquisitions.
Job duties include:
* Troubleshooting database, hardware, OS, networking from Customers and internal departments (Professional Services, Systems Engineering, Platform Engineering)
* Create product bulletins and maintain an up to date Knowledge Base by contributing new content throughout product life cycle.
* Contribute to our support and customer success by taking initiatives to improve process, team work, and/or any other area that would improve overall team productivity.
* Handle stressful situations effectively and escalate as appropriate.
* Assist with any other initiatives as needed (testing new product features, proactive support).
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Must have experience supporting RDMBS (Oracle/SQL Server) and/or systems administration (Solaris/Unix/Linux) , AND be willing to learn those areas that are outside of current comfort zone.
* Good Knowledge of SQL.
* Experience with end-user Reporting/ETL tools (BO, Cognos, Informatica etc) and large-scale data warehousing experience is desirable.
* Scripting skills in Bash, Perl, Python or MapReduce - a plus.
* Experience with MPP databases (Teradata, Netezza/Greenplum) or PostgreSQL is a plus.
* Must have prior experience in customer-facing consulting or support / call center skills.
* Must have exceptional customer service and customer advocacy skills
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must be able to follow a process flow and handle calls per procedures.
* Desirable to work alternate shifts and/or be on call.
In order to apply for this position please submit your application here: http://www.greenplum.com/about-us/careers/
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Carol Linstrum||Date: 2009-10-30 19:21:40|
|Subject: Job Posting|
|Previous:||From: anna richardson||Date: 2009-10-23 16:05:05|
|Subject: PostgreSQL Architect|