pgagent version

From: poonam nijhawan <nijhawan_poonam(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: pgagent version
Date: 2009-06-25 06:33:14
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi Support,

We are running on Postgres version 8.2.10 on linux. We want to install pgagent for scheduling the jobs.

Just wanted to check that is there any version connection between pgagent and Postgres

For example we could see following version of pgagent on the website:-

pgAgent-2.0.0-Linux.tar.gz
pgAgent-2.0.1-Linux.tar.gz
pgAgent-3.0.0-Linux.tar.gz

so just wondering that since we running on 8.2.10 so will we be able to use
pgAgent-3.0.0-Linux.tar.gz

or should we use
pgAgent-2.0.0-Linux.tar.gz

Just checking whether 3.0.0 of pgagent version is depended on 8.3 of Postgres.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards
Poonam