Re: Some regression tests are failed RH7.0

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
Cc: gbibu(at)bluewin(dot)ch, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Some regression tests are failed RH7.0
Date: 2001-03-19 20:10:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Can't tell a thing from that amount of detail. What's in
>> regression.diffs?

> It appears to be the locale deal, Tom. It hits a little too familiar of
> a chord (and pattern). If we analyze his regression.diffs, we'll see
> lots of collation stuff, as well as money format stuff, I'd wager.

I suspected as much, but didn't want to leap to a conclusion without
seeing the diffs.

> The fix is to set the locale to C. Editing /etc/sysconfig/i18n to set
> either LANG=C or LC_ALL=C. Or simply delete it and reboot.

Note also that if you change the postmaster's locale you'd better redo
initdb.

BTW, it occurs to me that we don't have anything about locale issues in
the documentation about interpreting the regression tests. Will fix.