Trap in copy_statement_with_parameters with latest sources

From: Chris Lee <Chris(dot)Lee(at)merant(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trap in copy_statement_with_parameters with latest sources
Date: 2001-10-09 21:26:49
Lists: pgsql-odbc
With the 07_01_006 driver I had problems with the abort caused by doing
SQLPrepare - SQLDescribeCol - SQLBindParameter - SQLExecute. Rows inserted
into a temp data were getting rolled back by the internal abort caused by
this sequence of calls. The Disallow Premature option in the 007 driver
cures this problem. I initially downloaded the driver installer and did a
'binary' install, but this didn't cure the problem, so I took a copy of the
latest sources from CVS and built the driver DLL myself and the problem went
away. However, I now have a problem with crashes in the driver with queries
that were OK with the 006 driver. I'm working with a large scale app and so
far haven't got a theory about which types of queries cause the problem.
It's not a trivial problem as quite a lot of fairly complex queries run OK
with the new driver. The crashes are happening at the following location:

	/* make sure new_statement is always null-terminated */
	CVT_TERMINATE

====>	if (conn->DriverToDataSource != NULL)
	{
		int			length = strlen(new_statement);

		conn->DriverToDataSource(conn->translation_option,

SQL_CHAR,

new_statement, length,

new_statement, length, NULL,

NULL, 0, NULL);
	}

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Chris Lee

pgsql-odbc by date

Previous:From: Ryan C. BonhamDate: 2001-10-09 12:41:10
Subject: ODBC ServerSide Cursors Error