Re: .cvsignore update...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: .cvsignore update...
Date: 2004-05-26 21:00:34
Lists: pgsql-patches
Sean Chittenden <sean(at)chittenden(dot)org> writes:
> The attached patch either updates (in a
> few few cases) or adds .cvsignore files.

I don't believe we need any of these.  The current set is sufficient to
prevent any CVS complaints in a "make distclean"'d tree, and that is the
way it should be.  Extra .cvsignores are dangerous IMHO.

If you like to live dangerously and not make distclean before you cvs
update, then use a vpath build (separate build tree).  There's no reason
to have to maintain a large set of .cvsignore files.