Writing a new driver

From: Atanas Atanasov <nasko(at)gyuvetch(dot)bg>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Writing a new driver
Date: 2004-12-28 23:30:50
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello mates,
I am trying to write a simple ODBC driver for Windows. It can also be OLE DB or DAO driver but the final aim is to connect to a non-standard DBMS normally through ADO, DAO, OLE DB or ODBC etc. I tried to find any documentation o nline but it is very little. There are a few SDKs but they are not free so I cannot use any of them.
In case any of you, who have developped the psqlODBC driver, know any source, have any tutorial, or can explain how can someone can write a simple read (and maybe after this read/write) driver please send it to me by email.
I imagine it will be sort of a program implementing a standart interface which o n its back end will interact customly with a DBMS, files etc.
Any help will be appreciated.
Regards,
Atanas Atanasov

SMS известяване за получено писмо - http://promo.abv.bg/new_sms.html