Re: BUG #4106: WHERE - clause in view works only sometimes

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Alexander Strotmann" <kiruu(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4106: WHERE - clause in view works only sometimes
Date: 2008-04-12 20:28:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs
"Alexander Strotmann" <kiruu(at)gmx(dot)de> writes:
> we have this table:
> and this view:
> So the view joins the upper table with another view

Another view?  Don't you think you've left out a lot of information that
would be needed for anyone trying to reproduce this failure?  Please
show the *full* definition of all tables and views involved.

And, as already noted, "8.2" isn't enough information about which
PG version you're running.

If it's an early 8.2.x release and the other view involves any outer
joins, then I could believe that this is explained by one of the outer
join planning bugs we've already fixed ... but without any details
that's only a wild guess.