Re: [INTERFACES] libpq problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brian Eldridge <beldri(at)runesoft(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] libpq problem
Date: 1999-03-11 14:50:34
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Brian Eldridge <beldri(at)runesoft(dot)com> writes:
> [on a Win 95 box] Whenever I try to connect to my Linux box, I get an
> "unknown host" error from libpq.  If I use the psql.exe that came with
> the libs, it works fine.

It kinda sounds like something is wrong with DNS lookup --- not on your
box as a whole, but just in your program.  Perhaps you are linking
against a broken resolver library, or some such?  Anyway, try putting
some debug printouts around the call to gethostbyname() in fe-connect.c;
I assume that must be the subroutine that's failing.  Find out what it's
being passed and what it's returning.

			regards, tom lane

pgsql-interfaces by date