Re: pg_dump object dump-order; Part II

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: KL <zappa_lot(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump object dump-order; Part II
Date: 2007-08-29 04:04:49
Lists: pgsql-admin

KL <zappa_lot(at)gmx(dot)net> writes:
> Right, the error occurs in exactly such a simple
> example, but I'm not above to provide details galore ...

This seems to be the relevant detail:

> CREATE TABLE event (
> event_id integer DEFAULT nextval('event_id_seq') NOT NULL,

This isn't what you showed before --- the previous version had an
explicit "::text" cast in it --- and I'm a bit mystified how you
managed to get that out of an 8.0.x server. Mine insists on
putting ::text in there.

[ ... reads further ... ]

> NOTE: The SQL-file has been edited as the inserts for table
> event have been removed just as the GRANTs/REVOKEs on
> scheme PUBLIC.

> NOTE 2: Also the MySQL-tool "replace" has been run on
> the file to remove the "::text"-typecasts on the
> sequence's nextval-statement (to prevent double-casting
> in PgSQL 8.1.series the like of "::text)::regclass")

Perhaps you need to have a word with whoever is responsible for
these NOTEs showing up. Because this sure is not anything any
core Postgres developer will answer for.