Re: Switching to XML

From: Mario <gonzalemario(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Mario <gonzalemario(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Switching to XML
Date: 2006-12-10 22:30:37
Lists: pgsql-docs
On 10/12/06, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> > Mario could you please tell us *why* you ported the SGML to XML
> > before doing your translation and processing? Perhaps that will carry
> > more weight to this discussion then my hand waving.
> The reason is that he uses xml2pot, which AFAIK only handles XML and not

  Yes, that's right, I used and I'm using xml2po. Cause, we wanted to
create an easy way to translate manuals and the only tool I know for
that is xml2po. That tool AFAIK works with XML only, that's way I did
that port and also we wanted to translate online, so the current
configuration is

  AND from the XML_TRANSLATED we are able to (thanks to openjade)
generate the HTML files in +10 minutes