Re: Error during startup of 7.4.2 database

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: cjwhite(at)cisco(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error during startup of 7.4.2 database
Date: 2004-04-09 04:00:38
Lists: pgsql-admin
"Chris White (cjwhite)" <cjwhite(at)cisco(dot)com> writes:
> I have just installed 7.4.2 and initialized a database using the default
> values. When I start the database It fails with the following message:
> FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "lc_messages": "en_US"

What platform is this exactly?  And exactly how did you build/install
Postgres?

We've seen reports of this ilk before.  So far I've written them off
as indicating serious brain damage in the platform's locale support,
but I'm starting to wonder whether there's something else going on.
AFAIR the previous reports involved locales much less commonly used
than en_US.