Re: Build problems

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Build problems
Date: 2004-05-23 06:39:41
Lists: pgsql-patches
Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at> writes:
> Yesterday's snapshot couldn't be compiled from a separate build
> directory, and after configure --without-docdir ... make install failed,
> because it tried to mkdir /postgresql/html.
> The enclosed patch fixes these problems, at least for me.

The src/timezone issue is reported and fixed already.  I'm not quite
sure what --without-docdir should mean ... if it's not a complete no-op
it seems like it ought to specify not installing docs at all.  But your
proposed patch doesn't do either of those.  What have you got in mind
there?  And I don't understand the point of your proposed change in
src/bin/psql/Makefile at all.  Please elaborate.