Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Matthew T(dot) O'Connor" <matthew(at)zeut(dot)net>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Andrew Dunstan" <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "T(dot)J(dot)" <tjtoocool(at)phreaker(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] More SSL questions..
Date: 2005-01-06 21:44:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

"Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net> writes:
> Builds with the attached patch.

Applied.

> APPDATA/postgresql/psql_history
> Does not appear to work. Do I need to do anything to make psql create
> this file?

Enable READLINE/HISTORY.

> A quick look at input.c makes it seem like this is only used when
> READLINE is enabled. And READLINE is disabled on win32 because it
> breaks.

Hmm. I wonder if that breakage had anything to do with the lack of
proper support for home-directory stuff? Might be entertaining to
un-disable it and see what happens now.

> APPDATA/postgresql/root.crt
> Works insofar that it prevents me to connect if I put an invalid
> certificate in that file, and permits me to connect if I put the correct
> cert there. AFAIK, that should be all there is to it :-)

Good enough check for me.

I'm out of here for the next several hours --- if you have any
last-minute RC4 patches, try to get Bruce's attention ...