not able to connect to postgres database from pgadmin after restart

From: kirk9 <kirankumar9(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: not able to connect to postgres database from pgadmin after restart
Date: 2008-11-17 07:30:45
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have installed PostgreSQL 8.2 on windows vista and I am unable to connect
to the database after I restart the machine.

When I first installed postgres from pgadmin III, Service started and
database also got connected.

But when I shutdown and tried to start the service again, it is showing as
the service is connected and if I try to connect to database it's giving the
following message:

"could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the
server running on host "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port
5432?"

When we click on Start Service from pgadmin, we can see stop service if it's
started, but after restart it's showing Starting Service Done in status bar
and I am unable to see Stop service on right click.

I have checked netstat -an command to see whether it is connecting or not,
it is showing SYN_SENT on 5432.

It's kind of urgent and please help me.

Thanks,
Kirk