Re: duplicate primary index in bayes db from SpamAssassin

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Monnerie <michael(dot)monnerie(at)it-management(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: duplicate primary index in bayes db from SpamAssassin
Date: 2008-04-17 15:41:31
Lists: pgsql-admin
Michael Monnerie <michael(dot)monnerie(at)it-management(dot)at> writes:
> I'd like to drop that broken db, or should I keep it for analyzation?

Looking back over the thread, it seems that the problems you saw could
be explained by the VACUUM-related bugs we fixed in 8.1.9 and 8.1.10;
although obviously this theory requires assuming that the dups were
there before you updated to 8.1.11.  You didn't say much about time
frame so I don't know if that's plausible.

This latest bit with many fewer index entries than table entries is just
weird, though.  The 8.1.10 VACUUM bug could have led to having *more*
index entries than table entries, but not the other way around.

Before you zap the database, would you be willing to make the actual
database files (not a dump, but the stored files) available?  I'd
be interested to take a closer look at that index.