Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,L J Bayuk <ljb220(at)mindspring(dot)com>,Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>,pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need new project admin for unbundled Tcl interface
Date: 2004-02-18 04:33:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
> As for why the core changes didn't make it into gborg, few realized
> there was a gborg version because there was still a version in core CVS.

More to the point, the core version has gotten maintained "because it's
there".  We've applied a few submitted patches (mostly ljb's it looks
like) but most of the recent patches in libpgtcl have been by-blows from
global-search-and-replace type fixes.

If there's an active gborg project to maintain libpgtcl then I've got no
problem with pushing the responsibility out.  Right at the moment
though, I think that there's nobody home on the other end.  The gborg
pgtcl project hasn't seen a CVS commit in more than a year.  We need
to stir up some action; if that means giving ljb ownership of a fork
project, fine with me.