Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PGDLLIMPORT to ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add PGDLLIMPORT to ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords.
Date: 2012-03-31 15:59:47
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> On 03/31/2012 10:56 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Add PGDLLIMPORT to ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords.
>>
>> Per buildfarm, this is now needed by contrib/pg_stat_statements.

> It seems to have broken mingw earlier now :-(

Ugh. It looks like ecpg (and also pg_dump) are defining symbols named
ScanKeywords and NumScanKeywords, but relying on the backend's
keywords.h to provide global declarations for those. And this doesn't
work once we PGDLLIMPORT-decorate those declarations.

The only simple fix I can see is to rename the symbols in ecpg and
pg_dump to something else. This is probably a good thing anyway to
reduce confusion. Anybody have another idea?