Re: Query plan - now what?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "david(at)shadovitz(dot)com" <david(at)shadovitz(dot)com>
Cc: "'pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Query plan - now what?
Date: 2003-12-12 16:52:56
Lists: pgsql-performance

David Shadovitz <david(at)shadovitz(dot)com> writes:
> If you think that you or anyone else would invest the time, I could post more
> info.

I doubt you will get any useful help if you don't post more info.

> I will also try Shridhar's suggestions on statistics_target and
> enable_hash_join.

It seemed to me that the row estimates were not so far off that I would
call it a statistical failure; you can try increasing the stats target
but I'm not hopeful about that. My guess is that you will have to look
to revising either the query or the whole database structure (ie,
merging tables). We'll need the info I asked for before we can make
any recommendations, though.