Re: system timezone regression failure

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: system timezone regression failure
Date: 2009-07-29 16:37:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> And I still get these errors. Looks like at least SUSE is not keeping
> up. I'll build without the system timezones.

Or just live with it.  The purpose of the regression tests is to let
you know there's a problem, not to dictate what you do about it.
In this case you need to consider whether the application cares about
post-Y2038 date arithmetic, and whether that's more important than
having regularly updated timezone details.