Re: Doing psql's lexing with flex

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Doing psql's lexing with flex
Date: 2004-02-18 04:10:19
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Am I missing something, or is dollar quoting not in this patch?

It is not.  If we go this way, then we'd add essentially identical
flex patches to backend and psql to implement dollar quoting (plus
perhaps a few more lines in psql to support signaling dollar quoting
in the prompt, but that's pretty trivial).  My intent with the given
patch was just to replicate existing functionality with flex.