Re: Pg 7.2.3 int8 value out of range

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Brian Macy <bmacy(at)macykids(dot)net>
Cc: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pg 7.2.3 int8 value out of range
Date: 2002-10-18 18:59:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Brian Macy <bmacy(at)macykids(dot)net> writes:
> The config.log wasn't very useful but I hacked configure to not send
> compile/run errors to /dev/null and got this:

> checking whether long long int is 64 bits... ./conftest: relocation
> error: ./conftest: undefined symbol: __muldi3

> Apparrently something is whacked when running from configure. I can take
> the exact code (minus the confdefs.h) and run it from the command-line
> and it compiles, links, and executes fine (returns 0).

Bizarre. Did your manual test include the same library options (-lssl
etcetera) that configure was using?

If memory serves, __muldi3 is a subroutine in libgcc, which ought to be
automatically included in any link performed by gcc. It seems on this
evidence that one or more of the libraries being linked is somehow
interfering with libgcc ... but I'm darned if I see the problem ...