Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Jeevan Chalke <jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Add support for restrictive RLS policies
Date: 2016-11-30 21:54:19
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Stephen Frost (sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net) wrote:
> * Jeevan Chalke (jeevan(dot)chalke(at)enterprisedb(dot)com) wrote:
> > 4. It will be good if we have an example for this in section
> > "5.7. Row Security Policies"
>
> I haven't added one yet, but will plan to do so.

I've now added and cleaned up the Row Security Policies section to
discuss restrictive policies and to include an example. I also added
some documentation to ALTER POLICY.

I've also re-based the patch to current master, but the only conflict
was in the pg_dump regression test definition, which was easily
corrected.

Unless there's further comments, I'll plan to push this sometime
tomorrow.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment Content-Type Size
restrict_rls_v5.patch text/x-diff 63.7 KB