Re: New feature "... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... VERIFY USING INDEX"

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Vitaly Burovoy <vitaly(dot)burovoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New feature "... ALTER CONSTRAINT ... VERIFY USING INDEX"
Date: 2016-01-09 03:00:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Vitaly Burovoy wrote:

> I guess you are talking about the other thread[1].
> I'm not sure I have enough experience in Postgres hacking to start
> working on it right now, but I'll have a look.
> IMO the best way is to raise that topic by a letter with summary what
> troubles are left there (in addition to a rebasing one).
>

> [1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20110707213401(dot)GA27098(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org

Here's a newer thread:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1343682669-sup-2532%40alvh.no-ip.org
which includes some points needing additional work.

In my local tree I have a branch that maybe is not the same as the last
patch I posted in that thread, because the last commit has a newer date.
Here I attach what that branch has. It applies cleanly on top of
03bda4535ee119d3. I don't remember if it was in compilable state at the
time I abandoned it.

It needs some work to rebase, but from a quick experimental "git merge"
I just ran, it's not too bad.

Attachment Content-Type Size
catalog-notnull-2.patch text/x-diff 22.3 KB