== PostgreSQL Weekly News - May 03 2015 ==

From: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
To: PostgreSQL Announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: == PostgreSQL Weekly News - May 03 2015 ==
Date: 2015-05-03 23:25:01
Lists: pgsql-announce

== PostgreSQL Weekly News - May 03 2015 ==

== PostgreSQL Product News ==

Consistent State's PG Admin class will take place in Denver, CO on May 18th
till May 21st. Signups are open until May 14th.
http://www.consistentstate.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

PGConf Silicon Valley 2015 is November 17-18 at the South San
Francisco Convention Center. The CfP is open through June 15
http://www.pgconfsv.com

pg_fkpart 1.0, an extension that partitions database tables following
a foreign key, released.
https://github.com/lemoineat/pg_fkpart

== PostgreSQL Jobs for May ==

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jobs/2015-05/threads.php

== PostgreSQL Local ==

The 4th Turkish PostgreSQL Conference will be held on May 9, 2015 in
Istanbul.
http://pgday.postgresql.org.tr/en/index.html

The second Swiss Postgres Conference will be held June 25-26, 2015 at
HSR Rapperswil.
http://www.postgres-conference.ch/

There is a Postgres track in a database technology conference(DTCC) in
April 18, 2015 in Beijing, China.
http://dtcc.it168.com/list_jiabin.html

pgDay Paris will be held in Paris France on April 21, 2015.
http://pgday.paris/

Call for Papers for PGDay in Belfort, France ends April 13, 2015.
The conference will be held June 2, 2015.
http://select-2-6-2015-as-pgday.org

PGCon 2015 is June 16-20 in Ottawa, Canada.
http://www.pgcon.org/2015/

PGDay UK, Conference will be taking place on 7th July 2015 – it is aimed at
the UK PostgreSQL Community. The CfP is open until 13 April 2015.
http://www.postgresqlusergroup.org.uk

PGDay Campinas 2015 will take place in Campinas on August 7.
The CfP is open through May 31.
http://pgdaycampinas.com.br/english/

The Call For Papers for PostgresOpen 2015, being held in Dallas, Texas
from September 16th to 18th, is now open.
http://2015.postgresopen.org/callforpapers/

The CfP for PostgreSQL Session #7, September 24th, 2015 in Paris,
Francisc, is open until June 15, 2015. call-for-paper <AT>
postgresql-sessions <DOT> org.
http://www.postgresql-sessions.org/7/about

== PostgreSQL in the News ==

PostgreSQL Weekly News is brought to you this week by David Fetter

Submit news and announcements by Sunday at 3:00pm Pacific time.
Please send English language ones to david(at)fetter(dot)org, German language
to pwn(at)pgug(dot)de, Italian language to pwn(at)itpug(dot)org(dot) Spanish language
to pwn(at)arpug(dot)com(dot)ar(dot)

== Applied Patches ==

Andrew Dunstan pushed:

- fix escaping of brackets for m4 broken in
b6b2149e48aa61981ae0199c963d5145a37c258c
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f707b53449f3ab6998c615b746ad01f5775723a3

- Enable transforms modules to build and run with Mingw builds. These
modules were all missing essential Windows scaffolding, including
resources files and descriptions, and links to the relevant library
import files. This latter item means that the modules can't be built
with pgxs on Windows, as we don't install the import files. If we
ever decide to install them this restriction could probably be
removed. Also, as with plperl we need to make sure that perl's CORE
directory is last on the include list, as on Windows it appears to
contain some headers with names that clash with names of some
headers we include.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f802c6ddba143bd88512b5fc34e84ae0b4883284

- Fix python_includespec on Windows at configure time. By converting
to using forward slashes at configure time we avoid having to repeat
the logic anywhere that this is needed, such as in transforms
modules for plpython.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b6b2149e48aa61981ae0199c963d5145a37c258c

- Make hstore_plperl's build more like plperl's. This involves moving
perl's CORE library to the end of the include list, and adding other
compilation settings that plperl uses. This won't completely fix the
breakage currently being seen by gcc builds on Windows, but it will
let the build get further, and should be wholly benign, if not
beneficial, on *nix.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/77477e745be534c5925cf7cb8b9c6a7698c575a3

- Enable transforms tests for python 2 on MSVC builds. Currently
regression tests for python 3 are disabled on MSVC, and these tests
fail with python 3, too, so we have some work to do to enable both.
Meanwhile, all the buildfarm hosts seem to be building with python 2
anyway, so this at least gets us some coverage. Original patch from
Michael Paquier, significantly modified by me.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/eb010637dd47be65e5d8b22d6965c2e96f6937b8

- Fix MSVC builds for contrib transforms modules. With this patch the
MSVC build and installation will work correctly with the transforms.
However the python transform tests for hstore and ltree are still
disabled pending some further adjustments. Michael Paquier with
some tweaks from me.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/cbf9f0ec312e54481e777ffbe941b548d909081e

- Fix vcbuild failures and chkpass dependency caused by 854adb8.
Switching the Windows build scripts to use forward slashes instead
of backslashes has caused a couple of issues in VC builds: - The
file tree list was not correctly generated, build script generating
vcproj file missing tree dependencies when listing items in Filter.
- VC builds do not accept file paths with forward slashes, perhaps
it could be possible to use a Condition but it seems safer to simply
enforce the file paths to use backslashes in the vcproj files. -
chkpass had an unneeded dependency with libpgport and libpgcommon to
make build succeed but actually it is not necessary as crypt.c is
already listed for this project and should be replaced with a fake
name as it is a unique file. Michael Paquier
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/06ca28d5ab2f810ef25e718e0d71f2233542c151

Stephen Frost pushed:

- Improve qual pushdown for RLS and SB views. The original security
barrier view implementation, on which RLS is built, prevented all
non-leakproof functions from being pushed down to below the view,
even when the function was not receiving any data from the view.
This optimization improves on that situation by, instead of checking
strictly for non-leakproof functions, it checks for Vars being
passed to non-leakproof functions and allows functions which do not
accept arguments or whose arguments are not from the current query
level (eg: constants can be particularly useful) to be pushed down.
As discussed, this does mean that a function which is pushed down
might gain some idea that there are rows meeting a certain criteria
based on the number of times the function is called, but this isn't
a particularly new issue and the documentation in rules.sgml already
addressed similar covert-channel risks. That documentation is
updated to reflect that non-leakproof functions may be pushed down
now, if they meet the above-described criteria. Author: Dean
Rasheed, with a bit of rework to make things clearer, along with
comment and documentation updates from me.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/dcbf5948e12aa60b4d6ab65b6445897dfc971e01

Andres Freund pushed:

- Use a fd opened for read/write when syncing slots during startup.
Some operating systems, including the reporter's windows, return
EBADFD or similar when fsync() is invoked on a O_RDONLY file
descriptor. Unfortunately RestoreSlotFromDisk() does exactly that;
which causes failures after restarts in at least some scenarios. If
you hit the bug the error message will be something like ERROR:
could not fsync file "pg_replslot/$name/state": Bad file descriptor
Simply use O_RDWR instead of O_RDONLY when opening the relevant file
descriptor to fix the bug. Unfortunately I have no way of verifying
the fix, but we've seen similar problems in the past. This bug goes
back to 9.4 where slots were introduced. Backpatch accordingly.
Reported-By: Patrice Drolet Bug: #13143: Discussion:
20150424101006(dot)2556(dot)60897(at)wrigleys(dot)postgresql(dot)org
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/dfbaed459754e71e01bb0cc90a12802bba3f9786

- Correct replication origin's use of UINT16_MAX to PG_UINT16_MAX. We
can't rely on UINT16_MAX being present, which is why we introduced
PG_UINT16_MAX... Buildfarm animal bowerbird via Andrew Gierth.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e0f26fc76532defd06caf79d711fa99cea83c532

- Fix unaligned memory access in xlog parsing due to replication
origin patch. ParseCommitRecord() accessed xl_xact_origin directly.
But the chunks in the commit record's data only have 4 byte
alignment, whereas xl_xact_origin's members require 8 byte alignment
on some platforms. Update comments to make not of that and copy the
record to stack local storage before reading. With help from Stefan
Kaltenbrunner in pinning down the buildfarm and verifying the fix.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1db12da85bee7a01abfbbf2798904347e4d9515a

- Introduce replication progress tracking infrastructure. When
implementing a replication solution ontop of logical decoding, two
related problems exist: * How to safely keep track of replication
progress * How to change replication behavior, based on the origin
of a row; e.g. to avoid loops in bi-directional replication setups
The solution to these problems, as implemented here, consist out of
three parts: 1) 'replication origins', which identify nodes in a
replication setup. 2) 'replication progress tracking', which
remembers, for each replication origin, how far replay has
progressed in a efficient and crash safe manner. 3) The ability to
filter out changes performed on the behest of a replication origin
during logical decoding; this allows complex replication topologies.
E.g. by filtering all replayed changes out. Most of this could also
be implemented in "userspace", e.g. by inserting additional rows
contain origin information, but that ends up being much less
efficient and more complicated. We don't want to require various
replication solutions to reimplement logic for this independently.
The infrastructure is intended to be generic enough to be reusable.
This infrastructure also replaces the 'nodeid' infrastructure of
commit timestamps. It is intended to provide all the former
capabilities, except that there's only 2^16 different origins; but
now they integrate with logical decoding. Additionally more
functionality is accessible via SQL. Since the commit timestamp
infrastructure has also been introduced in 9.5 (commit 73c986add)
changing the API is not a problem. For now the number of origins
for which the replication progress can be tracked simultaneously is
determined by the max_replication_slots GUC. That GUC is not a
perfect match to configure this, but there doesn't seem to be
sufficient reason to introduce a separate new one. Bumps both
catversion and wal page magic. Author: Andres Freund, with
contributions from Petr Jelinek and Craig Ringer Reviewed-By: Heikki
Linnakangas, Petr Jelinek, Robert Haas, Steve Singer Discussion:
20150216002155(dot)GI15326(at)awork2(dot)anarazel(dot)de,
20140923182422(dot)GA15776(at)alap3(dot)anarazel(dot)de,
20131114172632(dot)GE7522(at)alap2(dot)anarazel(dot)de
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5aa2350426c4fdb3d04568b65aadac397012bbcb

- Copy editing of the replication origins patch. Michael Paquier and
myself.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/2b22795b32576fa7173b501b646581a17de35902

Álvaro Herrera pushed:

- Protect against multixact members wraparound. Multixact member
files are subject to early wraparound overflow and removal: if the
average multixact size is above a certain threshold (see note below)
the protections against offset overflow are not enough: during
multixact truncation at checkpoint time, some pg_multixact/members
files would be removed because the server considers them to be old
and not needed anymore. This leads to loss of files that are
critical to interpret existing tuples's Xmax values. To protect
against this, since we don't have enough info in pg_control and we
can't modify it in old branches, we maintain shared memory state
about the oldest value that we need to keep; we use this during new
multixact creation to abort if an old still-needed file would get
overwritten. This value is kept up to date by checkpoints, which
makes it not completely accurate but should be good enough. We
start emitting warnings sometime earlier, so that the eventual
multixact-shutdown doesn't take DBAs completely by surprise (more
precisely: once 20 members SLRU segments are remaining before
shutdown.) On troublesome average multixact size: The threshold size
depends on the multixact freeze parameters. The oldest age is
related to the greater of multixact_freeze_table_age and
multixact_freeze_min_age: anything older than that should be removed
promptly by autovacuum. If autovacuum is keeping up with multixact
freezing, the troublesome multixact average size is (2^32-1) /
Max(freeze table age, freeze min age) or around 28 members per
multixact. Having an average multixact size larger than that will
eventually cause new multixact data to overwrite the data area for
older multixacts. (If autovacuum is not able to keep up, or there
are errors in vacuuming, the actual maximum is
multixact_freeeze_max_age instead, at which point multixact
generation is stopped completely. The default value for this limit
is 400 million, which means that the multixact size that would cause
trouble is about 10 members). Initial bug report by Timothy
Garnett, bug #12990 Backpatch to 9.3, where the problem was
introduced. Authors: Álvaro Herrera, Thomas Munro Reviews: Thomas
Munro, Amit Kapila, Robert Haas, Kevin Grittner
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b69bf30b9bfacafc733a9ba77c9587cf54d06c0c

- Code review for multixact bugfix. Reword messages, rename a
confusingly named function. Per Robert Haas.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d3821e70c9b6d76083f4eb0f4cc25716e961c89d

- Fix pg_upgrade's multixact handling (again) We need to create the
pg_multixact/offsets file deleted by pg_upgrade much earlier than we
originally were: it was in TrimMultiXact(), which runs after we exit
recovery, but it actually needs to run earlier than the first call
to SetMultiXactIdLimit (before recovery), because that routine
already wants to read the first offset segment. Per pg_upgrade
trouble report from Jeff Janes. While at it, silence a compiler
warning about a pointless assert that an unsigned variable was being
tested non-negative. This was a signed constant in Thomas Munro's
patch which I changed to unsigned before commit. Pointed out by
Andres Freund.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/669c7d20e6374850593cb430d332e11a3992bbcf

- Fix up some loose ends for CURRENT_USER as RoleSpec. In commit
31eae6028eca4, some documents were not updated to show the new
capability; fix that. Also, the error message you get when
CURRENT_USER and SESSION_USER are used in a context that doesn't
accept them could be clearer about it being a problem only in those
contexts; so add the word "here". Author: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI His
patch submission also included changes to GRANT/REVOKE, but those
seemed more controversial, so I left them out. We can reconsider
these changes later.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9d396af46357df1243aff4a9ca4f4987e4fe6024

Tom Lane pushed:

- Fix ATSimpleRecursion() to allow recursion from a foreign table.
This is necessary in view of the changes to allow foreign tables to
be full members of inheritance hierarchies, but I (tgl)
unaccountably missed it in commit
cb1ca4d800621dcae67ca6c799006de99fa4f0a5. Noted by Amit Langote,
patch by Etsuro Fujita
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ad9f08f70636051b5d5fe8d57062994b7335a960

- Fix another test for RELKIND_RELATION that should allow foreign
tables now. I thought I'd gone through all of these before, but a
fresh review found this one too. (Perhaps it would be better to
just delete this test and let the failure occur later, but for the
moment I'll preserve the logic.) The case that this was rejecting is
like CREATE FOREIGN TABLE ft (f1 int ...) ...; CREATE TABLE c1
(UNIQUE(f1)) INHERITS(ft);
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/290713e31a1ee04eed7877985a4c28a30fd0d1db

- Fix overlooked relcache invalidation in ALTER TABLE ... ALTER
CONSTRAINT. When altering the deferredness state of a foreign key
constraint, we correctly updated the catalogs and then invalidated
the relcache state for the target relation ... but that's not the
only relation with relevant triggers. Must invalidate the other
table as well, or the state change fails to take effect promptly for
operations triggered on the other table. Per bug #13224 from
Christian Ullrich. In passing, reorganize regression test case for
this feature so that it isn't randomly injected into the middle of
an unrelated test sequence. Oversight in commit
f177cbfe676dc2c7ca2b206c54d6bf819feeea8b. Back-patch to 9.4 where
the faulty code was added.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a4820434c1a62e0c5f4051a31ad8b4a11f0a6ad7

Bruce Momjian pushed:

- Warn about tablespace creation in PGDATA. Also add warning to
pg_upgrade. Report by Josh Berkus
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/33cb8ff6aa1159f0a359691ca563c98b85d3d723

- pg_basebackup: canonicalize old and new tablespace paths. This
avoids problems with double-slash-specified paths. Patch by Ian
Barwick
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f19d8f14c776b0fa144227ecb2fc17e868a2cc5c

- doc: recommend use of GUC server_version_num for version checks.
Patch by Craig Ringer
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/5086dfceba79ecd5d1eb28b8f4ed5221838ff3a6

- to_char(): have format 'OF' only show the leading negative sign.
Previously both hours and minutes displayed as negative. Report by
David Pozsar
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9b43d73b3f9bef276a46660920a01f0421c4323a

- Mark views created from tables as replication identity 'nothing'.
pg_dump turns tables into views using a method that was not setting
pg_class.relreplident properly. Patch by Marko Tiikkaja. Backpatch
through 9.4
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b2f95c34f4e6ab1585af6f10d9d1351978ef15f7

Robert Haas pushed:

- psql: Improve tab completion for ALTER FOREIGN TABLE. Etsuro Fujita
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c6e96a2f986e4dad72c14b14d4cc17d02b2a6aad

- Attempt to fix some compiler warnings.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/ef3f9e642d2b2bba8933b4cff4039ce0d354ce08

- Remove enum-related special cases for catalog scans. When this code
was written, catalog scans were normally performed using
SnapshotNow, making special handling necessary here. Now, however,
all catalog scans use MVCC snapshots, so we can change these cases
to look more like what we do for catalog scans elsewhere in the
code. Per discussion with Tom Lane and a reminder from Bruce
Momjian.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/9b6a0ce5f060315f900de7b398d5197a2e42f2f2

- Update .gitignore for new rmgr, changed paths.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/fe72c4c55bd65772aa5a4130309150ffca1749ab

- Add <literal> markup, for consistency. This file isn't entirely
consistent about whether "on" and "off" should be marked up with
<literal>, but it doesn't make much sense to be inconsistent within
a single sentence. Etsuro Fujita
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/49601ab1a6df9059f7000f78af43f2e74afefa59

- Create an infrastructure for parallel computation in PostgreSQL.
This does four basic things. First, it provides convenience
routines to coordinate the startup and shutdown of parallel workers.
Second, it synchronizes various pieces of state (e.g. GUCs, combo
CID mappings, transaction snapshot) from the parallel group leader
to the worker processes. Third, it prohibits various operations
that would result in unsafe changes to that state while parallelism
is active. Finally, it propagates events that would result in an
ErrorResponse, NoticeResponse, or NotifyResponse message being sent
to the client from the parallel workers back to the master, from
which they can then be sent on to the client. Robert Haas, Amit
Kapila, Noah Misch, Rushabh Lathia, Jeevan Chalke. Suggestions and
review from Andres Freund, Heikki Linnakangas, Noah Misch, Simon
Riggs, Euler Taveira, and Jim Nasby.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/924bcf4f16d54c55310b28f77686608684734f42

- Allow FDWs and custom scan providers to replace joins with scans.
Foreign data wrappers can use this capability for so-called "join
pushdown"; that is, instead of executing two separate foreign scans
and then joining the results locally, they can generate a path which
performs the join on the remote server and then is scanned locally.
This commit does not extend postgres_fdw to take advantage of this
capability; it just provides the infrastructure. Custom scan
providers can use this in a similar way. Previously, it was only
possible for a custom scan provider to scan a single relation. Now,
it can scan an entire join tree, provided of course that it knows
how to produce the same results that the join would have produced if
executed normally. KaiGai Kohei, reviewed by Shigeru Hanada,
Ashutosh Bapat, and me.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e7cb7ee14555cc9c5773e2c102efd6371f6f2005

- Deparse named arguments to use the new => operator instead of :=.
Tom Lane pointed out that this wasn't done, and asked whether that
was intentional. Subsequent discussion was in favor of making the
change, so here we go.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e044a44949c5b9c9f548e8a1cd4bf0b50fb2a1cc

Peter Eisentraut pushed:

- Fix parallel make risk with new check temp-install setup. The
"check" target no longer needs to depend on "all", because it now
runs "install" directly, which in turn depends on "all". Doing both
will cause problems with parallel make, because two builds will run
next to each other. Also remove the redirection of the temp-install
output into a log file. This was appropriate when this was done
from within pg_regress, but now it's just a regular make run, and
especially with the above changes this will now take the place of
running the "all" target before the test suites. problem report by
Jeff Janes, patch in part by Michael Paquier
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/dbf2ec1a1c053379e2f9a5913979a1ca4dccbd43

- Fix shared libpython detection on OS X. Apparently, looking for an
appropriately named file doesn't work on some older versions, so put
the back the explicit platform detection.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/010aa420b9dd5393490c8793f43949dca269a753

- hstore_plperl: Move port-specific parts to later in the makefile.
PORTNAME isn't set until the global makefiles have been included.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e30a864963c5f98bafeaf3005f258ff90916da7c

- Windows also needs an override of the shared libpython detection
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/67df9782e94765a281a82a7672d39ebb4bf58828

- Move interpreter shared library detection to configure. For
building PL/Perl, PL/Python, and PL/Tcl, we need a shared library of
libperl, libpython, and libtcl, respectively. Previously, this was
checked in the makefiles, skipping the PL build with a warning if no
shared library was available. Now this is checked in configure,
with an error if no shared library is available. The previous
situation arose because in the olden days, the configure options
--with-perl, --with-python, and --with-tcl controlled whether
frontend interfaces for those languages would be built. The
procedural languages were added later, and shared libraries were
often not available in the beginning. So it was decided skip the
builds of the procedural languages in those cases. The frontend
interfaces have since been removed from the tree, and shared
libraries are now available most of the time, so that setup makes
much less sense now. Also, the new setup allows contrib modules and
pgxs users to rely on the respective PLs being available based on
configure flags.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d664a10f9623fd2198b257e513bce849d439a773

- Make hstore_plperl's build even more like plperl's. Combine the two
places that set CPPFLAGS into one. Also, some settings should be
restricted to Windows only. More precisely, -Wno-comment is a
GCC-only option, but Windows in a makefile implies GCC at the
moment. Also, since -Wno-comment is more properly a preprocessor
option, move it to CPPFLAGS to simplify things a bit.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/0fd764647a9910a340359bb319929b70317b2ae4

Magnus Hagander pushed:

- Fix typo. Amit Langote
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/da114099afd47b95831514d3a8785c7726eefe03

Heikki Linnakangas pushed:

- Fix pg_rewind regression failure after "fast promotion". pg_rewind
looks at the control file to determine the server's timeline. If the
standby performs a "fast promotion", the timeline ID in the control
file is not updated until the next checkpoint. The startup process
requests a checkpoint immediately after promotion, so this is
unlikely to be an issue in the real world, but the regression suite
ran pg_rewind so quickly after promotion that the checkpoint had not
yet completed. Reported by Stephen Frost
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/484a848a73fc5a76c16bc73626b290154b6a57b4

Noah Misch pushed:

- Fix one more TAP test to use standard command-line argument
ordering. Commit c67a86f7da90c30b81f91957023fb752f06f0598 caught
most of these, but this negative test escaped notice. The test did
pass, for the wrong reason, under affected configurations. Michael
Paquier
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/84c08a7649b8c6dd488dfe0e37ab017e8059cd33

- Combine initdb tests that successfully create a data directory.
This eliminates many seconds of test duration and the cause to
invoke "rm -rf", which is typically unavailable on Windows. Michael
Paquier and Noah Misch
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1a629c1b161a2b43a2f81241a8f4c5f79e5b8ecf

- Rename coerce_type() local variable. coerce_type() has local
variables named targetTypeId, baseTypeId, and targetType.
targetType has been the Type structure for baseTypeId, so rename it
to baseType.
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b339a5cf900bb3e72f58a7a96903e3a0d557a85a

== Rejected Patches (for now) ==

No one was disappointed this week :-)

== Pending Patches ==

Etsuro Fujita sent in two revisions of a patch to allow postgres_fdw
option to control whether check constraints on remote tables are
included in the definitions of foreign tables imported from a remote
PG server when performing IMPORT FOREIGN SCHEMA.

Fabien COELHO sent in a patch to remove nclients/nthreads constraint
from pgbench.

Petr Jelinek sent in another revision of a patch to implement a
sequence access method.

Stephen Frost sent in another revision of a patch to change default
for include_realm to 0.

Fabien COELHO sent in a patch to remove the pgbench thread
fork-emulation code and simplify things where possible, especially
around pthread_create and pthread_join.

Jim Nasby sent in a patch to allow SQL/plpgsql functions to accept
record.

Bruce Momjian sent in two more revisions of a patch to make tables
created by CREATE TABLE (...LIKE...) have OIDs if any of its parents
did.

SAWADA Masahiko sent in six more revisions of a patch to create a
pg_file_settings view.

Pavel Stehule sent in two more revisions of a patch to control context
of RAISE in PL/pgsql.

Shigeru HANADA sent in another revision of a patch to add foreign
joins.

Jeff Janes sent in a patch to support contrib extensions in the
upcoming multivariate statistics patch.

Tomas Vondra sent in a patch to teach the expression walker about
RestrictInfo.

Fabrízio de Royes Mello sent in a patch to implement COMMENT ON
CURRENT DATABASE IS...

Jeff Janes sent in a patch to fix a compiler warning in the recent
transforms feature.

Alexander Korotkov sent in a patch to add selectivity estimation
functions to &&, @>, <@ operators in the intarray contrib extension.

David Rowley sent in a patch to fix some issues that came up with the
new replication identifiers.

Petr Jelinek sent in another revision of a patch to add mogrify and
indent features for the jsonb data type.

John Gorman sent in a patch to rectify some incompatible trig error
handling.

Denis Kirjanov sent in a patch to enforce access control on security
labels defined by admin and prohibit users from relabeling the
objects.

Bruce Momjian sent in a patch to pg_upgrade to quote directory names
in delete_old_cluster script.

Kyotaro HORIGUCHI sent in another revision of a patch to add regrole.

Pavel Stehule sent in a patch to fix a bug in the implementation of
errhidecontext().

SAWADA Masahiko sent in a patch to add a bit indicating frozen-ness to
the visibility map.

Robert Haas sent in another revision of a patch to allow making vacuum
failures not fatal in pgbench.

SAWADA Masahiko sent in two more revisions of a patch to implement
REINDEX ... VERBOSE.

Qingqing Zhou sent in two more revisions of a patch to use
outerPlanState() consistently in the executor code.

David Steele sent in another revision of a patch to implement
pg_audit.

Abhijit Menon-Sen and Robert Haas traded patches to recursively fsync
PGDATA at startup after a crash.

Bruce Momjian and Tom Lane traded patches to add a procost for
to_tsvector.

Emre Hasegeli sent in another revision of a patch to add a BRIN range
operator class.