Re: postgresql 9.3 packages missing from repository

From: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
To: Martin Kuba <makub(at)ics(dot)muni(dot)cz>
Cc: PostgreSQL in Debian <pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql 9.3 packages missing from repository
Date: 2014-03-27 08:42:12
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Re: Martin Kuba 2014-03-26 <5332C166(dot)9020201(at)ics(dot)muni(dot)cz>
> >>the repository at http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/
> >>is missing the files for postgresdql 9.3.
> >>I were present yesterday morning, but went missing after that.
> >
> >If you mean that there's no "9.3" subdirectories there, that's ok.
> >
> >postgresql-9.3 is in the "main" component (as well as the other
> >versions - just ignore the 9.x directories, they are there for
> >technical reasons:
> >
> >https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_libpq5_for_version_X.2C_but_there_is_only_version_Y_in_the_repository )
>
> But I can't install postgresql-9.3 on Debian wheezy. Even if I add file
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/pgdg.list
> with content
>
> deb http://apt.postgresql.org/pub/repos/apt/ wheezy-pgdg main 9.3

"9.3" is wrong there, just use "main".

> then an install fails:
>
> # apt-get install postgresql-9.3
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

> postgresql-9.3 : Depends: postgresql-client-9.3 but it is not going to be installed
> Depends: postgresql-common (>= 142~) but 134wheezy4 is to be installed

You have apt pinning configured. You need to either raise the
apt.postgresql.org priority to at least the same value:

/etc/apt/preferences.d/pgdg.pref:
Package: *
Pin: release o=apt.postgresql.org
Pin-Priority: 800

or try:

apt-get install -t wheezy-pgdg postgresql-9.3

Christoph
--
cb(at)df7cb(dot)de | http://www.df7cb.de/