Status of FDW pushdowns

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Cc: Shigeru Hanada <shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com>,Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Denis Lussier <denis(dot)lussier(at)openscg(dot)com>
Subject: Status of FDW pushdowns
Date: 2013-11-21 15:05:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Where are we on the remaining possible pushdowns for foreign data
wrappers, particularly the Postgres one?  I know we do WHERE restriction
pushdowns in 9.3, but what about join and aggregate pushdowns?  Is
anyone working on those?

I know join pushdowns seem insignificant, but it helps to restrict what
data must be passed back because you would only pass back joined rows.

Do we document these missing features anywhere?

  + Everyone has their own god. +