Re: strange IS NULL behaviour

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: strange IS NULL behaviour
Date: 2013-08-02 04:03:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > FWIW if changing the behavior of NOT NULL constraints is desired, I
> > still have the patch to catalogue them around, if anyone wants to play
> > around. I haven't gotten around to finishing it up, yet :-(
>
> If your latest patch isn't publicly available, I'd like to see it. I
> might work on that later this year.

Here it is. Note that it is quite incomplete: there are parts that are
not even close to compiling. I think I was trying to figure out how to
determine whether a column was of a composite type.

I might get back to it eventually, so if you start working on it, do let
me know.

Attachment Content-Type Size
catalog-notnull.patch text/x-diff 24.4 KB