Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Tolerate timeline switches while "pg_basebackup -X fetch" is run

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)iki(dot)fi>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Tolerate timeline switches while "pg_basebackup -X fetch" is run
Date: 2013-01-29 18:55:44
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Tolerate timeline switches while "pg_basebackup -X fetch" is running.

I just noticed that this commit introduced a few error messages that
have a file argument which is not properly quoted:

+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errcode_for_file_access(),
+ errmsg("requested WAL segment %s has already been removed",
+ filename)));

+ ereport(ERROR,
+ (errmsg("could not find WAL file %s", startfname)));

The first one seems to come from e57cd7f0a16, which is pretty old so
it's a bit strange that no one noticed.

Not sure what to do here ... should we just update everything including
the back branches, or just leave them alone and touch master only?