Re: Index build temp files

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>,pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Index build temp files
Date: 2013-01-09 23:09:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > On 9 January 2013 21:42, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:
> > I wasn't suggesting that we test for TEMP instead of CREATE; what I
> > meant was we would test for CREATE *OR* TEMP to give more options for
> > management.
>
> [ shrug... ]  That's weird, ie unlike the behavior of other privileges,
> and it *still* doesn't fix any of the problems Stephen complained of.

Not realizing that I needed to grant privileges on the tablespace was my
oversight.  Having to grant privileges on a tablespace before users can
use it is reasonable, imv..  Displaying tablespaces that I don't have
access to through 'show temp_tablespaces;' doesn't feel quite right.
Having weird cases where we return permission denied errors or use the
incorrect tablespace are definitely a problem.

	Thanks,

		Stephen