Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: Store "timestamptz" of database creation on "pg_database"
Date: 2012-12-27 01:30:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers
* Josh Berkus (josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com) wrote:
> On 12/26/12 4:48 PM, Fabrízio de Royes Mello wrote:
> >This proposal is about add a column "datcreated" on "pg_database" to store
> >the "timestamp" of the database creation.
>
> I agree that it would be useful.  However, if we're going to get
> into created dates, we should at least consider adding them to the
> other catalogs, particularly pg_class.

I was thinking more-or-less the same thing.  Along those lines, however,
perhaps we should put them into a separate catalog to avoid the
increased size of pg_class and friends..?  Also, we'd probably have 2 of
those, one for global and one for per-database objects, ala pg_depend
and pg_shdepend, and then a view that brings it all together, resolves
the OIDs to names, etc.

	Thanks,

		Stephen