Re: Materialized views WIP patch

From: "Kevin Grittner" <kgrittn(at)mail(dot)com>
To: "Greg Smith" <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Materialized views WIP patch
Date: 2012-11-16 15:36:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Smith wrote:
> On 11/14/12 6:28 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> - Documentation is incomplete.
>> - There are no regression tests yet.
>
> Do you have any simple test cases you've been using you could attach?
> With epic new features like this, when things don't work it's hard to
> distinguish between "that just isn't implemented yet" and "the author
> never tested that". Having some known good samples you have tested,
> even if they're not proper regression tests, would be helpful for
> establishing the code baseline works.

I can probably post something along those lines Monday. Sorry for the
delay. Basically, though, I tried to state everything that I know of
which is not yet done and working; so if you find something which
doesn't behave as you would expect, please let me know. It's well
within the realm of possibility that there are issues that I didn't
think of. I certainly can fall  into the tendency of programmers to
think about testing those things which I thought to cover in the code.

-Kevin