Re: embedded list v2

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: embedded list v2
Date: 2012-06-28 21:06:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:03:26 PM Andres Freund wrote:
> What I wonder is how hard it would be to remove catcache.h's structs into
> the  implementation. Thats the reason why the old and new list
> implementation currently is included all over the backend...
Moving them into the implementation isn't possible, but catcache.h being
included just about everywhere simply isn't needed.

It being included everywhere was introduced by a series of commits from Bruce:
and others

That looks broken. An implementation file not including its own header... A
minimal patch to fix this particular problem is attached (looks like there are
others in the series).

 Andres Freund