We are looking for a smart and savvy Database Administrator to join our team
of developers and systems admin staff in Brighton (UK).
The role is focused around our existing PostgreSQL and HBase infrastructure
for the Brandwatch application, with key aspects of the role being
- Maintaining and tuning the application data stores.
- Proposing and implementing further enhancements to improve speed and
- Working with the development team to streamline their usage.
- Participating in the infrastructure support rota.
Ideally we are looking for the following profile:
- Strong commercial experience maintaining large multisite databases on
- In-depth knowledge of PostgreSQL, including its various replication
- OLAP experience (or some other BI or scientific analysis approach on
- Knowledge of the wider data storage/retrieval landscape, including the
various NoSQL systems and MPP databases.
- Coding experience in Java, Python or within stored procedures
- Linux systems administration experience.
If you meet three or more of these then we would be interested in talking
We expect this role to suit either an experienced DBA looking to move into
big data analytics, or an experienced linux SA looking to specialise into
database administration. Position is full-time.
If you're interested please give me a shout - steve(at)brandwatch(dot)com -
with your CV and salary expectations.
pgsql-jobs by date
|Next:||From: Nanda, Ruchira||Date: 2012-05-21 22:40:20|
|Subject: Please post|
|Previous:||From: Kevin Schwoerer||Date: 2012-05-09 16:19:04|
|Subject: State Farm Career Opportunity - Data Specialist/Database