Re: 8.2.23 packages?

From: Christoph Berg <cb(at)df7cb(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.2.23 packages?
Date: 2012-04-11 06:52:04
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian
Hmm. I had actually replied earlier, but I cannot find any traces of
this in my mail logs. Apparently mutt ate the mail while still putting
a copy in the local folder.

Re: To Stephen Frost 2012-04-09 <20120409150853(dot)GC3474(at)msgid(dot)df7cb(dot)de>
> Re: Stephen Frost 2012-04-05 <20120405030906(dot)GF1267(at)tamriel(dot)snowman(dot)net>
> > All,
> >
> > Any hope for getting 8.2.23 packages..?
> Re: Bernd Helmle 2012-04-05 <1F5F12B3C5E3B4394648F1EF(at)apophis(dot)local>
> > > If you wish, you could build some based on the old 8.2 branch:
> > >

> > <> comes to my mind, too. 8.2.22 is present for lenny
> > and squeeze. Maybe we can trigger Christoph to offer new builds, if he gets
> > time?
> I did some porting of Martin's 8.2 branch and the result of that is at
> .
> I only need to find some time to update this to .23. I'll announce it
> here once that has happened.
> Christoph
> --
> cb(at)df7cb(dot)de |

Re: Magnus Hagander 2012-04-10 <CABUevEy=RgLduGz6HKeq+FLvr_WjvmCUpmYfSkFOhbsAhRQV8g(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com>
> > What *is* the actual state of this?
> There was previously a discussion about setting up an
> we created this list as a first step) - has
> this been completely
> replaced by the effort to do

I am talking with the people to see if that would
be a good place to put the whole project (or at least the part for
8.4/9.0/9.1). There's a wiki page about it:

The "9.0" part is currently a problem, because there's only 8.4 and
9.1 left in testing/unstable.

backports.d.o would have the big advantage that there's buildds that
would pick up building packages. There is also some plan to implement
PPAs officially on, but that will take at least
months to get started.

That said, I have only limited spare time, and I'd definitely need.

> How many people can actually build/push packages there, and what's the
> update policy?

Currently only me, but so far no one else has asked for access. (I
didn't ask very hard, though.)

> I'd really like to get this information up on under
> downloads to make it easier for people who don't already know where to go,
> but it needs to be "stabilized" before we can do that. And we need to be
> able to specify some level of support commitments. (Which means it would be
> very useful if >1 person can actually do it).
> We really need something that works the same way the pg community yum
> repository does for RPMs (I don't care if it's under or
> as long as it *works* that way). I've already had several
> customers drop debian permanently due to the whole "9.0 will be removed
> from backports" issue, and I'd rather not have more of that happening :S
> Particularly since I know we have plenty of people in the pg/debian
> communities who know how to fix this problem...

Nod. (Currently in a meeting, hopefully a longer answer later.)

cb(at)df7cb(dot)de |