Re: is on the fritz

From: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: is on the fritz
Date: 2012-03-16 17:14:33
Lists: pgsql-www
'k, need a bit more details, since the server itself looks fine, and
if email is working to the lists, smtp is running fine ...

1. if you telnet to port 25, what do you get?  This would only apply
to remote (non-webmail) connections, but more and more ISPs have been
blocking port 25 ... if you can't telnet to port 25, try port 587
(smtp submission port), which is also enabled / running ...

2. have to test this one later tonight ...

3. try now, just restarted the imap server ... not expecting it to fix
it, honestly, but if not, then I'll run through some tests on my
account and make sure its working ...