Re: Command Triggers, patch v11

From: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Date: 2012-02-27 19:37:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Monday, February 27, 2012 08:30:31 PM Thom Brown wrote:
> On 27 February 2012 19:19, Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr> wrote:
> > Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> >> test=# CREATE TABLE badname AS SELECT 1::int id, 1::int a, ''::text b;
> >> SELECT 1
> >>
> >> This doesn't even get picked up by ANY COMMAND.
> >
> > You won't believe it: CTAS is not implemented as a DDL. Andres did
> > some work about that and sent a patch that received positive reviews by
> > both Tom and Robert, once that's in I can easily add support for the
> > command.
I actually don't think anybody actually reviewed the patch so far. Tom and I
discussed the implementation strategy beforehand a bit though.

> > Thanks Andres :)
Youre welcome. Thanks for your awesome work that actually made it necessary ;)

> I don't see it anywhere in the commitfest. Has it been properly submitted?
I actually always viewed it as a part of the Dim's patch which is why I didn't
submit it as a separate patch. Maybe that was a mistake...

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-
id/201112112346(dot)07611(dot)andres(at)anarazel(dot)de contains the latest revision.

Andres