Re: Postgres code quality

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres code quality
Date: 2012-02-25 03:32:44
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Friday, February 24, 2012 4:25:42 pm Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Meh.  As far as I know we still haven't configured the coverity tools so
> that they don't report spurious errors in certain safe coding idioms we
> use, so our true defect density is likely to be lower than the article
> reports.

To a certain extent the validity of test results is in the eye of the beholder:)
What I found important is that relatively speaking Postgres holds its own and
that Postgres was held up as project worthy of comparison. Pushes the project a
little more into the limelight.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)gmail(dot)com