Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage

From: Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi(dot)kyotaro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: markokr(at)gmail(dot)com
Cc: greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com, shigeru(dot)hanada(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Speed dblink using alternate libpq tuple storage
Date: 2012-02-23 10:14:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello, this is new version of the patch.

# This patch is based on the commit
# 2bbd88f8f841b01efb073972b60d4dc1ff1f6fd0 @ Feb 13 to avoid the
# compile error caused by undeclared LEAKPROOF in kwlist.h.

> It must free the PGresults that PQgetResult() returns.

 I'm sorry. It slipped out of my mind. Add PQclear() for the
 return value.

> Also, please fix 2 issues mentined here:

- PQsetRowProcessorErrMsg() now handles msg as const string.

- Changed the order of the parameters of the type PQrowProcessor.
  New order is (PGresult *res, PGrowValue *columns, void *params).

# PQsetRowProcessorErrMsg outside of callback is not implemented.

- Documentation and dblink are modified according to the changes
  above.

By the way, I would like to ask you one question. What is the
reason why void* should be head or tail of the parameter list?

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center