Re: pgstat documentation tables

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgstat documentation tables
Date: 2012-02-08 04:01:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 01:01:50PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Bruce had a patch to turn SGML descriptions of system view into comments
> via some Perl program or something. He posted it many moons ago and I
> haven't seen an updated version. Bruce, do you have something to say on
> this topic?

Yes, I was waiting to get feedback on that but it seems the 9.2 release
slipped right by me on that. I guess I will try to pick it up for 9.3.

How do people feel about pulling text out of the SGML docs and loading
it into the database as table and column comments?

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com